Saturday, 15 May 2010

Sorrowhill page 3 inked

This is page 3 of a 5 pager I'm taking to the Bristol Comic Convention next weekend. Pencils on two previous posts below. There's a version included for the 2000AD Art Comp, that has the text boxes included, here.

This 5-pager, together with another 2000AD 5-pager and some Fractal Friction pages will hopefully get some constructive feedback/slagging about what I need to improve. Looking forward to hearing opinions really. I've been cooped up in here too long, you know...

Oh, and feel free to offer constructive feedback here. Or slag it to the heavens. I need feedback! And possibly a decent night's sleep...

3 comments:

james corcoran said...

For what it's worth my feedback is that though it's really nicely rendered I'm not that sure what's happening that may be because it's half way through the story though. Like I say there are some nice panels and some nice angles and variations to keep it interesting.

Emperor said...

Its very impressive and should work very nicely as a portfolio piece as it really shows what you can do.

Your figures, and especially the faces, are solid as always which is very handy hear as you've got to rely on the facial reactions for quite a bit of the impact.

While your inking is strong I really like the way you've used crosshatching and textures to soften them up and also really add depth to the gloom and atmosphere.

I especially like the third panel where all those elements come together to create an impressively striking panel, although you could say that about them all - it was just that one really struck me.

Anyway I had a read through the original when I was looking over the sample scripts and I feel you've done exactly what you need to do in these cases - not just produce a damn fine page but also make it your own. Job done. If the others are anywhere near this quality then this should be an excellent display of your abilities. Fingers crossed that the folks you show it to are as impressed by it as I am ;)

Dirk Van Dom said...

I wont begin to write a critique like the one Emperor just wrote...because I couldn't!!! I'll just keep it simple and say it looks DAMN GOOD and works for me! :)Very impressive work.