Monday, 16 August 2010

Fire! Fire!

This October the lovely folk at FutureQuake Press will be publishing a Dark Judges special, written by Richard McAuliffe and art by yours truly. The idea is that this will be a return for the four Dark Judges to the days of their first appearances in 2000AD, when they were just plain nasty, as opposed to the slightly camp pantomime status they achieved in later years.

I'll post up details of how one gets ones mitts on such a prized possession closer to the time.

This panel is an ink-in-progress for the upcoming Judge Fire story. Here we see the Dark Judge invited in for a nice cup of tea and a friendly chat. Wait, maybe I should go and read the script again...

4 comments:

matthew mclaughlin said...

Hot tea, I'd guess.

Nice work, Conor. With all your zombies and dead things, I think this is the perfect project for you. I hope Tharg sees this and realizes you should be drawing for the prog.

Bogger Blogger said...

Shouldn't his badge read ERIF for when he's approaching people from behind....?

Dirk Van Dom said...

Wow, great fire effects. Wonderful stuff. And yes, if I don't see a Future Shock drawn by you in the prog in the next couple of years I'll be very disappointed!

Nelson Evergreen said...

That's a terrific take on Fire, Conor! Great to know someone's taking those dark judges back to their twisted roots...