Thursday, 1 March 2012

Creator Owned Day - Hell's Receptionist

So today is Creator Owned Day. So says Stephen Downey. And he should know - he thought of it.

A day in which the planet's creators present their own hair-brained ideas that have nothing to do with any companies or other parties and we all have a jolly good nose at them.

Here's my contribution.

Say hello to Hell's Receptionist.

This rather upstanding fellow was inspired by a ten second movie cameo (very possibly in Jacob's Ladder), and resides in the two overfilled box files otherwise known as My Graphic Novel. This fine tome, around 600-ish pages, is about as black and twisted (and unfinished) as I could manage. The panel below is one of a whole pair of images that have reached the completed stage. The rest remains expertly crafted on whatever paper/mark-making implements I could lay my hands on at the time. Yeah, I can tell you're impressed.

It's a well known fact that every artist, aspiring or pro has a similar-sized unfinished graphic novel hidden away somewhere, forever delayed. It's part of the contract. And possibly why Creator Owned Day is proving so popular...

No comments: